Blog

My first blog

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Hi,

this is my first blog, so if anyone's reading...hello and welcome to Grey Haven Photographic. Firstly I need to say a huge thank you to my friend Neil for both creating my website and working on my blog, so thanks very much Neil.

In this blog I'll be musing on all things photographic, and especially black and white, and uploading my latest pictures. If anyone feels the desire, please feel free to comment on pictures. I always like feedback, and criticism, both positive and negative, helps one's photography improve.

I've recently started ( Nov 08) using a Lensbaby selective focus lens (type Lensbaby 3G), and am in love with it! I haven't shot with anything else since buying it! It suits my picture-making style. The latest pictures are from using this lens. I also have a commercial page on Facebook, which can be seen at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grey-Haven-Photographic-by-Tony-Littlejohns/54789919104?ref=ts


My latest photo project, "Chasing Dreams", all taken with the Lensbaby selective focus lens, can be see there, but I will also publish some of my favourites from that project here.

About Me

My Photo
Grey Haven Photographic
I also have a commercial page on Facebook, which can be seen at http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Grey-Haven-Photographic-by-Tony-Littlejohns/54789919104 Tony Littlejohns is a UK photographer currently based in London who is trying to establish his business, his main interest being in the black and white fine art sector. He started photography in 1985, and within a few years discovered the beauty of black and white. Though he now works digitally, he tends to apply basically the same techniques that he learned in the darkroom during the 90s to his picture-making process; with some exceptions…technology is there to be used, after all! Elliott Erwitt and Henri Cartier-Bresson were big influences on his photography from early on. He is drawn to visual ironies, abstractions and juxtapositions and loves being on the streets with his camera to record those fleeting moments. Tony has recently started a love affair with the Lensbaby selective focus lenses, which he feels suits his style of pictures.
View my complete profile